Thursday, January 22, 2009

LA.... Cesspool or Fruitopia?


(who remembers Fruitopia drinks? are they still around?)
Anyway...
I live in Los Angeles.... America's Armpit. Recently, I am found without an automobile. I am forced to take...dun dun duuun.... public transportation!! On this bus of mine you will see, hear, and smell a lot of unpleasant things. But, there are so many wonderful things about this city too. This morning on the westbound 704, I really fell in love with my city. It started to rain, then pour. I didn't prepare with an umbrella because, I live in.... LA. The sound of the rain on the windows was beautiful. My stop was approaching. I packed my electronics and zipped up my Samsonite, off I was to another day of project managing. I crossed the street, all the while trying NOT to soak my jean bottoms (my pet peeve number 2). The rain felt so good. I didn't really mind it. I stood at the corner waiting for the walk sign, and a man offered me his umbrella. He was an older gent, in his 50's. I gladly accepted, even though I didn't need it. He held the umbrella over my head as we walked across the intersection. I thought to myself... "Even in this mean city, nice things can happen."   

God is EVERYWHERE I go! I cannot escape His love, nor would I want to. I am so thankful for my life here in LA. If God commissions me to another place, off I go! For now, He has me here. Home Sweet Armpit.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. We need to get together and swap bus stories. You rock, my polaroid-ing friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! εκκενωσεις βοθρων

    ReplyDelete